City Manager of Belgrade
Born in 1969, he completed his Primary and Secondary School in Kraljevo, and graduated at the Faculty of Law in Belgrade. In 1999, he was an intern of the European Robert Schuman Foundation at the European Commission and European Parliament.
- From 1994 to 1997 he was the Chief of Staff of Zoran Djindjic, PhD.
- From 1997 to 2000, he participated as an advisor in all election campaigns of the PM of the Government of Montenegro, Milo Djukanović, as well as in the election campaign of former president of the Republic of Srpska, Biljana Plavšić, in 1997.
- After 2004 he was actively involved in election campaigns in Slovenia, Montenegro, Bulgaria and Macedonia.
- From February to September 1997 he was a member of the Executive Board of the Assembly of the City of Belgrade, and from 1996 to 2000 he was a Councilor of the Assembly of the City of Belgrade.
- He was an MP of the Republic of Serbia from 2000 to 2003, being the chairperson of the Administrative Committee of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia from 2001 to 2002.
- From 2001 until 2003 he was the advisor to the Federal Minister of Interior of FR Yugoslavia and Deputy Chairperson of the Defense and Security Committee of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia
- From 2003 until 2004, he was the Advisor to the Defense Minster of the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro. He was a member of the Commission for Division of Military Assets between Serbia and Montenegro after FR Yugoslavia was dissolved and the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro was formed in the period from 2003 to 2004.
- From 2004 until 2008 he was the Councilor of the Assembly of the City Municipality of Vračar
- He was Secretary of the Provisional Body of the City of Belgrade appointed by the Government of the Republic of Serbia in the period from November 2013 to April 2014.
- After the elections held on March 16, 2014 – Councilor of the Assembly of the City of Belgrade
- From April 2014 – City Manager of the City of Belgrade
Apart from the aforementioned, Mr. Vesić has also been an active and dedicated member of Managing Boards of a number of public utility companies such as Public Utility Company “Belgrade City Markets”, “Gradsko zelenilo”(Belgrade Greenery), Public Enterprise “Ada Ciganlija” and similar. He was also a member of the Managing Board of the Belgrade Chamber of Commerce.
From 1990 to 1994 he was a journalist of the magazine “Demokratija” (Democracy), and from 1992 to 1993 the deputy editor in chief of the magazine “Student”. He was the president of the Organizing Committee of the X Belgrade Marathon in 1997 and XXVII Belgrade Marathon in 2014. He was a member of the Presidency of the Basketball Federation of Belgrade from 2005 to 2007.
He was editor of the Serbian edition of book written by the US President Barack Obama “The Audacity of Hope” in 2008. He was also the president of the Organizing Committee of Belgrade Jazz Festival.